The Stockbridge Library Association formally announces the leadership of its capital campaign to renovate, restore, and revitalize the Stockbridge Library, Museum Archives.
Established in 1862, the Stockbridge Library Association opened its doors to the public in 1864. It has not undergone a major renovation in almost 80 years.
Nancy Fitzpatrick, owner and president of The Red Lion Inn, and Ann Fitzpatrick Brown, owner of Blantyre, have been designated honorary co-chairs of the campaign.
Rick Wilcox, former Stockbridge Police Chief, and Lenore Sundberg, a past president of the Library Association, have been tapped as co-chairs.
The Steering Committee is comprised of Katherine O’Neil, director of the Library; Barbara Allen, curator of the Museum Archives; John Hyson, library president; trustees Carl Bradford, Marty Gottron, Leslie Shatz, Terrence Shea, and Starbuck Smith; and Stockbridge residents Philip S. Deely, Linda P. O’Connell, Ginger Schwartz, and Jack Spencer.
Sarah Tanner, with Financial Development Agency, is serving in the role of campaign counsel.
The library will close its doors in mid-July for a period of 12 months, with services continuing at two temporary locations during construction, which commences in August.
It will reopen in summer 2015 as a 21st century library with expanded space and functionality, universal accessibility, and up to the minute technology to serve the needs of the community.