Students from Union College in Schenectady, N.Y., will travel around the globe during the college's holiday break.
Mary Cella of Pittsfield will travel to Cuba, studying the history, politics and culture through a series of lectures and conversations with scholars, artists and musicians. Cella is a member of the Class of 2017 majoring in neuroscience.
Erin Ostheimer of Williamstown will travel to southern portion of the United States, studying the Civil Rights movement including meeting with activists and visiting historic sites. Ostheimer is a member of the Class of 2017 majoring in sociology.
Renee Vittone of Lanesborough was recently initiated into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation's oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines. Vittone is pursuing a degree in nursing at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences University.
Membership in Phi Kappa Phi is by invitation and requires nomination and approval by a chapter. Only the top 10 percent of seniors and 7.5 percent of juniors, having at least 72 semester hours, are eligible for membership. Graduate students in the top 10 percent of the number of candidates for graduate degrees may also qualify, as do faculty, professional staff, and alumni who have achieved scholarly distinction.
Norwich University in Northfield, Vt., has named the following students to its dean's list for the spring 2015 semester:
• Stephen Russell Shea of Dalton.
• Aliah Marie Curry of Windsor.
Bentley University in Waltham has announced the names of local residents who were honored for their academic achievement in the spring 2015 semester.
• Matthew Freitag, a junior from Cheshire, was named to the dean's list.
• Ethan Harmon, a senior from Cheshire, was named to the dean's list.
• Caleb Hall, a freshman from Dalton, was named to the president's list.
• Tara Giarolo, a senior from Lee, was named to the dean's list.
• Victoria Murphy, a sophomore from Lee, was named to the dean's list.
• Cara Partridge, a junior from Pittsfield, was named to the president's list.
• Amy Chapman, a junior from Pittsfield, was named to the dean's list.
To be named to the president's list, a full-time student must have a grade point average of 3.7 or higher with no course grade below 3.0 during the term.
To be named to the dean's list, a full-time student must have a grade point average of 3.3 or higher with no course grade below 2.0 during the term.
Endicott College in Beverly has announced dean's list students for spring 2015. Dean's list requires a minimum grade point average of 3.5.
• Emily Margaret Consolati, daughter of David and Elaine Consolati of Lee, a senior majoring in liberal studies/education.
• Ryan Christopher Porter, son of Christopher and Paula M. Porter of Pittsfield, a senior majoring in accounting.
• Laura Margaret Smith, daughter of John and Theresa Smith of South Egremont, a senior majoring in liberal studies/education.
• Breana Staszowski, daughter of James Staszowski of Lenox, and Linda J. Staszowski of Lenox, a senior majoring in accounting.
Jenna Disbrow of Dalton has been named to the provost list for the spring 2015 semester at Southern Vermont College in Bennington, Vt. The provost list requires a minimum grade-point average of 3.25 during the semester.
Disbrow is majoring in radiologic sciences. She is a graduate of Wahconah Regional High School, Dalton.