In celebration of Youth Art Month, the Clark Art Institute will hold after-school artmaking sessions from 3 to 5 p.m. Thursdays in March.
The themed workshops, designed for grades 4-8, will be held in a special Young Artmakers Space on the lower level of the Clark Center.
All children must be accompanied by an adult. Activities are free and no registration is required; admission to the galleries will be charged.
The sessions are as follows:
• March 3: Quick Draw: Make your own thumbnail sketchbook.
• March 10: The Original #Selfie: Take a different kind of selfie in our self-portrait salon.
• March 17: Live Wire: Find out if a drawing can be three-dimensional by making a wire drawing sculpture.
• March 24: Fine Print: Leave your mark on the world with a new personalized stamp.
• March 31: String Theory: Explore the world of fiber art with your own woven wall-hanging.