March is Brain Injury Awareness Month, a time to recognize and support the millions of Americans who live with brain injuries.
The Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts assists individuals and families who experience the life changing and sometimes devastating effects of brain injury through its Brain Injury Help Line at 1-800-242-0030 and BIA-MA support groups sponsored by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.
The following groups meet in Berkshire County:
• Southern Berkshire Brain Injury Support Group, 4 to 6 p.m., third Tuesday of each month, Community Health Programs, 444 Stockbridge Road, Great Barrington, 413-443-0200 or 888-554-5553.
• Northern Berkshire Brain Injury Support Group, 10 a.m. to noon, fourth Tuesday of each month, BFAIR, 771 South Church St., North Adams, 413-443-0200.
• Berkshire Brain Injury Support Group, 4 to 6 p.m., second Tuesday of each month, Berkshire Medical Center, Center for Rehabilitation, Medical Arts Complex, fifth floor, 777 North St., Pittsfield, 413-443-0200.
• Men's Group, 1 to 3 p.m., second Friday of every month, BIA-MA, 180C Elm St., Pittsfield, 413-443-0200.
• Tea and Talk Women's Group, 1 to 3 p.m., first Thursday of every month, BIA-MA, 180C Elm St., Pittsfield, 413-443-0200.
For more information, visit www.biama.org/notalone.