Click photo to enlarge
Wednesday October 24, 2012

NEW YORK -- Lindsay Lohan won’t face criminal charges after being accused of clipping a man with her car outside a nightclub, one of a string of troubles the actress has encountered behind the wheel and elsewhere in recent months.

The "Mean Girls" and "Freaky Friday" star had been due to make her first court appearance in the case Tuesday, but the Manhattan district attorney’s office said Monday there is now no court date scheduled at any point.

"As we said from the beginning, this is a big nothing," Lohan’s spokesman, Steve Honig, said Monday.

Lohan, 26, was arrested on a charge of leaving an accident scene after restaurant worker Jose Rodriguez said her Porsche hit him and hurt his knee as she turned from a Manhattan street into an alley by the Dream Hotel. Police said no alcohol was involved. Rodriguez, 34, was walking by after leaving his job at another hotel nearby.

Lohan was released with an appearance ticket. Rodriguez called emergency services and was taken to a hospital.

The encounter came with Lohan on informal probation for taking a necklace last year without permission from a jewelry store in Venice, Calif.