PITTSFIELD — Berkshire Theatre Group is expanding its 2016 calendar of presentations at The Colonial Theatre and The Garage, a performance space at the Colonial.
In addition to the previously announced Marc Cohn, John Mayall, Popovich Comedy Pet Theatre and comedians in the Laugh Lounge Series, BTG has added The Receiver (March 10, The Garage), Adam Ezra Group (April 1, The Garage), Bella's Bartok in their "Change Your Life" CD release show (April 16, Colonial); and Jonathan Edwards (Oct. 5, Colonial). In addition, at 3 p.m. on April 17 at the Unicorn Theatre in Stockbridge, BTG will present "Through the Looking Glass: Musings from the Pens of Berkshire Women Writers."
Formed in 2005, The Receiver comprises brothers Casey (keyboards, bass, vocals) and Jesse (drums and vocals) Cooper. Based in Columbus, Ohio, the brothers have released three albums and toured extensively throughout North America.
Featuring Boston vocalist and songwriter Adam Ezra, the six-member Adam Ezra Group is known as a somewhat freewheeling band that often can be found performing with garbage can lids, spoons, accordions, banjos, 2x4s and other unorthodox "instruments."
The six-member Bela's Bartok hails from Northampton and is known for its blended Bohemian Klezmer-Punk with pop influences.
Country, folk and blues singer-songwriter Jonathan Edwards has been performing for more than four decades. He is perhaps best known for his 1971 single, "Sunshine."
"Through the Looking Glass …" is a program of readings from Edith Wharton, Frances Anne Kemble, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Harriett Beecher Stowe, and Catharine Maria Sedgwick, performed by Amber Chand, Hilary Somers Deely, Kate Maguire, Corinna May, Mary Mott and Barbara Sims. There will be a talk-back with cast members following the readings. The event is a benefit for The Berkshires Festival of Women Writers, presented annually in the fall as part of BTG's Made in the Berkshires festival.
Tickets for all events are available in person at the Colonial Theatre box office, 111 South St. in Pittsfield; by phone at (413) 997-4444; or online at BerkshireTheatreGroup.org.
• Laugh Lounge — Ben Kronberg: The Garage. Wednesday at 8 p.m.
• Marc Cohn: The Colonial. Thursday at 8 p.m.
• The Receiver: The Garage. March 10 at 8 p.m.
• John Mayall: The Colonial. March 24 at 8 p.m.
• Popovich Comedy Pet Theatre: The Colonial. March 30 at 7 p.m.
• Adam Ezra Group: The Garage. April 1 at 8 p.m.
• Laugh Lounge — Giulia Rozzi: The Garage. April 6 at 8 p.m.
• Bella's Bartok "Change Your Life" CD Release Party: The Colonial, April 16 at 8 p.m.
• "Through the Looking Glass — Musings From the Pens of Berkshire Women Writers": Unicorn Theatre. April 17 at 3 p.m.
• Laugh Lounge — Kevin Meaney: The Garage. May 11 at 8 p.m.
• On the Stage Series — Jonathan Edwards: The Colonial. Oct. 6 at 8 p.m.