Grab your dancing shoes and Polka on over to the annual Polish Picnic at St. Joseph Church in Pittsfield.
From noon to 6 p.m., enjoy Polish and American food and drinks — everything from kielbasa, kapusta, golumbki, and pierogi as well as hot dogs and hamburgers will be available for purchase. Can't wait until noon? Polish food can be purchased starting at 9 a.m. that morning.
Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy music by "The Rymanowski Brothers" and a bounce house and games for the little ones.
BBQ throw down
If you consider yourself a barbecue enthusiast, you'll want to head over to Bartlett's Orchard in Richmond from 1 to 5 p.m. on Sunday in Richmond for its first Taste Off BBQ event.
For $15 per person, sample some of the county's finest smoked ribs and vote for your favorite.
Big Elm Brewing beer will be available for sale with proceeds going to Berkshire Humane Society. Bousquet Catering will be on site with yummy fried dough, french fries and lemonade. Local band Blind Inspiration will also be performing.
Next campfire star
Are you a master chef at the campfire? Grab a camera and record yourself and you may just win bragging rights, Vermont goods and free camping.
The Vermont State Parks invites you to participate in the first ever Vermont State Parks Campfire Cook-off video competition. Craig Whipple, director of State Parks said in a press release, "Cooking in the outdoors is an intrinsic part of enjoying summer. And in Vermont, with our outdoor culture and bountiful local produce, outdoor cooking has ascended to an art form. After years of listening to stories of extraordinary campfire culinary conquests, we decided it might be fun to lay down a campfire cooking challenge, and to share the best for all to enjoy."
The contest challenges entrants to submit videos of themselves and/or their team preparing their favorite camping recipes (should I use the word dishes?). Finalists will be selected by park staff and the winners will be chosen by online voting. Videos and recipes will be shared online at vtstateparks.com. First, second and third prizes will be awarded and winners will receive free camping, firewood, Vermont products and bragging rights.
Other contest details:
• Individuals as well as teams may participate.
• Videos should be no more than 2 minutes long and depict the creation of the dish as well as the final product.
• Written recipe must accompany video submission.
• You can submit as many entries as you like.
• Cooking must be done on wood or charcoal. You can use a BBQ grill, at camp or at home, but no gas cooking or grilling is permitted.
• Bonus points will be awarded for using healthy and local foods.
• Videos should be in .wmv, .mp4, .avi or .mov format.
• Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Entries must be received by September 5, 2016.
More information can be found online at vtstateparks.com.