An open house reception will be held at 4 p.m. on Sunday, April 21, at the Stockbridge Library, Museum & Archives to view the newest additions to the museum.
Spirits of 19th century Stockbridge citizens will guide visitors to view the portraits of William and Anna Whitney hung over a mantle from Heaton Hall while they talk about the personalities and events of the times.
The Whitneys were farmers owning considerable property on Church Street.
Heaton Hall was built and owned by the Treadways who also owned the Red Lion Inn, known earlier as the Stockbridge House.
Whitney relatives from the past will share family history and gossip, and Mert Plumb (1833-1916) will be on hand to reveal the details of running the hotel.
This event is free and open to the public. Information: (413) 298-5501.