LANESBOROUGH >> An apparently accidental Thanksgiving evening fire left no one injured but caused about $100,000 in damage.

According to Lanesborough Fire Chief Charlie Durfee, the fire at 14 Alice Ave. began in the basement around 6:58 p.m.

A resident was present when the fire started, Durfee said, but got out of the single-family home unharmed. He said the residents are currently unable to stay in house due to the extent of the damage.

A preliminary report from the state Fire Marshal's office said the fire was unintentional, but a final cause hadn't yet been determined.

Lanesborough firefighters were first to arrive, with assistance from the Dalton, Cheshire and Hinsdale fire departments.

Firefighters from the New Ashford Fire Department provided station coverage for Lanesborough, Durfee said.

All told, about 30 firefighters took part in the operation, Durfee said Friday.

Contact Bob Dunn at 413-496-6249.