ADAMS — A late morning fire on Sunday has left a local family temporarily homeless.

Around 11 a.m., Adams firefighters responded to a report of a fire at 13 High St. No one was home at the time and no injuries were reported, according to Adams police. The single-family house has been boarded up and the American Red cross was called in to assist the unknown number of residents with finding temporary shelter.

Cheshire firefighters were also called to the scene to douse the fire which remains under investigation.