PITTSFIELD — The county's leading economic development agency has announced the finalists for its 2016 Trendsetter Awards.
The sixth annual competition by 1Berkshire takes place this year in seven categories. Five finalists have been selected in each category.
A 25-member panel consisting of 1Berkshire personnel and stakeholders selected the finalists from nominations that were submitted by the public, said 1Berkshire COO Jonathan Butler.
The final judging is done anonymously by a combination of 1Berkshire board members and past winners, according to Butler.
The winners in each category will be announced at 1Berkshire's Celebrate the Berkshires event which takes place on Thursday, Sept. 15 at Tanglewood in Lenox.
Tanglewood has already been selected to receive the event's top honor, "Putting the Berkshires on the Map."
The following is a list of each category and its five finalists.
• Comprehensive Marketing Campaign: The Berkshire Eagle, Berkshire Natural Resources Council, City of North Adams, Miss Hall's School, SoCo Creamery.
• Creative Economy Standout: Barrington Stage Company, Blue Q, Boston University Tanglewood Institute, Images Cinema, North Adams Makers' Mill.
• Entrepreneur/Visionary of the Year: Christian Hanson/Balderdash Cellars, Eric Kerns/Bright Ideas Brewing, Kristen van Ginhoven/WAM Theatre, Paul Leblanc/Zogics, Vijay Mahida/Irinoula Hospitality.
• Growing/Advancing the Berkshire Economy: Berkshire Grown, General Dynamics Mission Systems, Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, Unistress Corp., WiredWest.
• Newcomer of the Year: Berkshire HorseWorks, Bright Ideas Brewing, Hilton Garden Inn, Methuselah, Pittsfield Community Connection.
• Nonprofit Impact: Berkshire Family YMCA, Berkshire Humane Society, Berkshire South, BFAIR, Central Berkshire Habitat for Humanity.
• Under 40 Changemaker: Alice Maggio, Andres Ramirez, Nataly Garzon, Nial DeMena.
Contact Tony Dobrowolski at 413 496-6224.