Campus checklist: what students really need
Forget about matchy-matchy bed linens, electrical appliances, supplemental furniture and a 10-piece cookset. Your college student's basic needs are much simpler. Instead, buy renters insurance.
- Bed linens in size twin extra-long (one set is sufficient, but two if your student is laundry-averse; dirty sheets are the main source of that funky dorm odor)
- Towel and washcloth
- Hangers (slim-profile hangers work best; everybody has more clothing than the closet-organizing advertisements show)
- Suitcase or storage bin (to store seasonal clothing, shoes, boots and equipment)
- Surge protector with outlets and USB ports
- Wall art (not actually necessary, but Advertisement