PITTSFIELD -- A city man already accused in a series of break-ins and larcenies in Richmond and Pittsfield has denied six more charges connected to three break-ins in Lanesborough.

Christopher J. Maschino, 22, of Lakeview Street, is accused of participating in a series of break-ins in Lanesborough between Feb. 22 and March 12.

Maschino already was facing four other charges, including breaking and entering, connected to a March 13 house break in Richmond and larcenies from Pittsfield going back to September and October 2012.

In June, an open house for burglary victims was held at the Pittsfield Police station in an attempt to identify what jewelry was taken from which break-ins. Police said the merchandise was tied to the investigations related to Maschino and had been connected to break-ins in Pittsfield, Lanesborough, Richmond and Cheshire.

More than 60 victims of area break-ins showed up at the event, said police.

Pittsfield Police say more charges are likely against Maschino, including several counts of receiving stolen property related to break-ins in the city as well as breaking and entering for three other break-ins.

Appearing in Berkshire Superior Court on Tuesday with his attorney, Michelle Mechta, Maschino denied six charges: three counts each of breaking and entering in the daytime for a felony and larceny from a building.

He remains held at the Berkshire County Jail & House of Correction on $50,000 bail.


Advertisement

Judge Daniel A. Ford did not order any additional bail on the newest charges. Maschino is scheduled to go to trial on the older cases in March. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Feb. 6 in the newest case.

Maschino's co-defendant, Ann M. Haughey, is deceased

The investigations were conducted by members of the Pittsfield and Lanesborough police departments and state troopers assigned to the Lee barracks

To reach Andrew Amelinckx:

aamelinckx@berkshireeagle.com,

or (413) 496-6249.

On Twitter: @BE_TheAmelinckx