Berkshire Eagle Staff

PITTSFIELD -- A city family is temporarily homeless following Saturday night’s fire on Elizabeth Street.

Around 8:30 p.m., several neighbors called 911 to report flames coming from the Stephen Shaw residence at 66 Elizabeth St., according to Pittsfield fire officials.

When firefighters arrived, the fire was on the second floor of the single-family home and flames were shooting through the right corner of the roof. The fire was under control in 30 minutes, said Deputy Fire Chief Keith Philips.

Shaw, his wife and their children weren’t home when the blaze broke out, but the fire damage has forced them to seek temporary shelter, fire officials said on Sunday. There were no reports of any firefighters injured battling the fire, which remains under investigation.