GREAT BARRINGTON -- A lightning strike on Wednesday night sparked a fire that burned a portion of an uninhabited home on Route 23, according to the Great Barrington Fire Department.
No one was injured in the blaze at 642 South Egremont Road.
"It was right in the middle of that storm," said Fire Chief Charles Burger.
The fire started at the rear of the house, in a small wing of the house.
"We attacked it pretty aggressively," said Burger. "The rear wing was fully involved when we got there, but we managed to save the rest of the house."
He said he was not sure if the building was insured.
"At this point, we're still trying to contact the owners," he said.
The fire was the culmination of a busy shift for the fire department, said Burger.
"We had six other calls," he said. "A Dumpster fire and several medical calls. It was a busy night."