BOSTON >> A court hearing for two Iowa men accused of making online threats against the Pokemon World Championships in Boston last year has been postponed.

Kevin Norton, of Ames, and James Stumbo, of Boone, were scheduled to appear in Suffolk Superior Court on Monday. The hearing was postponed until Thursday after lawyers and a prosecutor had several sidebar discussions with the judge.

Stumbo's lawyer said his case could be resolved soon. He would not elaborate.

Authorities say the men made online threats before driving 25 hours to Boston to attend the convention last August. They were arrested while registering for the event. Prosecutors say they had a shotgun, a rifle and ammunition in their car. Both men face weapons charges.

The men's lawyers have said their comments were just idle online chatter.



Advertisement