HANOVER, N.H. >> The New Hampshire Fire Marshal's Office says an unattended hibachi-style grill used by students sparked a blaze at a Dartmouth College dormitory over the weekend.
The fire broke out shortly after midnight Saturday at Morton Hall. Crews battled the flames for about six hours.
Investigators said Sunday the charcoal grill had been left unattended at the time of the fire.
Officials say all of the dorm's 300 residents escaped without injuries; but about 70 now need new housing.
Two Hanover firefighters sustained minor injuries.
The school's website says charcoal grills are among items not allowed in student dorm rooms.
The investigation continues.