3-alarm blaze at popular Foxborough wedding venue blamed on tossed cigarette

Posted

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- A firefighter says a cigarette tossed onto mulch may have caused a destructive fire at a popular wedding venue in Foxborough.

Deputy Fire Chief Steven Bagley tells The Boston Globe that the fire at the Lakeview Pavilion on Saturday night then spread to the building.

No injuries were reported.

Bagley says the building did not have sprinklers and firefighters took water from a nearby pond. He says the building is being demolished.

Justice of the Peace Jerry Cibley says the fire began at the end of a wedding as the couple, their groomsmen and bridesmaids walked down the center aisle. He told WCVB that between 140 and 150 people attended the wedding.


TALK TO US

If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions