Barrington Stage Company sets season's cabaret lineup
PITTSFIELD >> Tony Award winners Donna McKechnie and Lillias White, Emmy winner Fyvush Finkel, and actress Leslie Kritzer are among the performers scheduled to appear this summer at Barrington Stage Company's Mr. Finn's Cabaret, named after two-time Tony Award winning composer/lyricist William Finn, who supervises BSC's Musical Theatre Lab.
Finn will kick off BSC's Boyd-Quinson Mainstage season on June 10 and 11 hosting his annual "Songs By Ridiculously Talented Composers and Lyricists You Probably Don't Know But Should," featuring material by a group of promising young songwriters performed by four singers.
McKechnie, who won her Tony in 1976 for her performance in "A Chorus Line," will be at Mr. Finn's Cabaret at 8 p.m. on May 22 and 23 in "Same Place, Another Time," a personal look at New York in the 1970s.
Kritzer, who appeared in BSC's productions of "Guys and Dolls" and "The Memory Show," comes to Mr. Finn's Cabaret at 8 p.m. May 29 and 30 in "Leslie's Back," in which she will share stories of her life on and off Broadway.
Joined by his sons, Finkel returns to the cabaret with another evening of jokes and songs at 8 p.m. July 17 and 18, followed at 8 p.m. on July 31 and Aug. 1 by Tony winner Lillias White (1997, "The Life") with an evening of stories and songs culled from her personal and professional life.
• Christina Bianco, "Diva Moments," 8 p.m. June 5 and 6;
• Nick Tsakalakos, "The Niko Songbook," 8 p.m., June 19 and 20;
• Musical Theater Conservatory Ensemble, "Let the Sunshine In — The Fabulous '60s Musicals," 9:30 p.m, June 28 and midnight June 30;
• David Lutken and the Seat of the Pants Band, "Yankee Doodle Folkie — Music for Independence Day," 8 p.m. July 3 and 7 p.m. July 4;
• MTC Musical Shorts, 10 p.m. Aug. 6 and 8 p.m. Aug. 7;
• Wanda Houston, "No Tune Like a Show Tune," 8 p.m. Aug. 22;
• "The Marcy and Zina Show" with Marcy Heisler and Zina Goldrich, 8 p.m. Aug. 28 and 29.
Mr. Finn's Cabaret is in the Sydelle and Lee Blatt Performing Arts Center, 36 Linden St.
Complete ticket, program and schedule information is available online at barringtonstageco.org or by phone at (413) 236-8888.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.