Berkshire Theatre Group plans fall/winter season of music, comedy, theater
PITTSFIELD >> Berkshire Theatre Group is adding a host of and music, comedy and community events to its fall and winter seasons.
In addition to previously announced performances by Ace Frehley, And the Kids, Jonathan Edwards, and Liz Longley; the American premiere of Kate Cayley's "The Bakelite Manuscript," a co-production with WAM Theatre co-starring David Adkins and Corinna May in the Unicorn Theatre in Stockbridge, Sept.29-Oct. 23; and the 11th community production of "A Christmas Carol," BTG is planning comedy in its Laugh Lounge series in The Garage; music at The Colonial; actress Mary Mott in her new one-woman show in the Unicorn; Pittsfield CityJazz; the 6th Made in the Berkshires Festival; and the second free Children's Holiday Extravaganza.
Comedy at The Garage features a brand new Wednesday night Laugh Lounge Series spotlighting up-and-coming comedians, including Joe List and Dave Hill, among others
Music at The Colonial Theatre will include The Everly Brothers Experience by the Bird Dogs; Pittsfield CityJazz Festival with the Karrin Allyson Trio and the U.S. Army Jazz Ambassadors; The Havana Cuba All-Stars performing "Cuban Nights": and Rev Tor Band & Friends performing "The Last Waltz Live: An All Star Re-Creation of The Band's Classic Concert Film.
The 6th Made in the Berkshires Festival will include staged readings, live music, film, short stories and dance in a festival atmosphere like no other. The opening night benefit on Nov. 11 will honor actress, director, businesswoman and artistic associate, Karen Allen.
SEASON AT A GLANCE
• Sept. 17: And the Kids. The Garage. 8 p.m.
• Sept. 21: Laugh Lounge — Joe List. The Garage. 8 p.m.
• Sept. 27: Ace Frehley with special guests, SIMO. Colonial Theatre. 8 p.m.
• Sept. 29-Oct. 23 (press opening Oct. 1): "The Bakelite Masterpiece" by Kate Cayley. Co-production with WAM Theatre. Unicorn Theatre.
• Oct. 6: On the Stage Series — Jonathan Edwards. Colonial Theatre. 8 p.m.
• Oct. 8: On the Stage Series — Liz Longley "Weightless Tour." Colonial Theatre. 8 p.m.
• Oct. 13: The Everly Brothers Experience by the Bird Dogs. Colonial Theatre. 8 p.m.
• Oct. 15: Pittsfield CityJazz — Karrin Allyson Trio, and the U.S. Army Jazz Ambassadors. Colonial Theatre. 7:30 p.m.
• Oct. 20: Havana Cuba All-Stars Perforning "Cuban Nights." Colonial Theatre. 8 p.m.
• Oct. 26: Laugh Lounge — Dave Hill. The Garage. 8 p.m.
• Nov. 11-13: Made in the Berkshires Festival. Colonial Theatre, The Garage, Unicorn Theatre.
• Nov. 25: Rev Tor Band & Friends Perform "The Last Waltz" Live. Colonial Theatre. 8 p.m.
• Nov. 27: Children's Holiday Extravaganza. Colonial Theatre.
• Dec. 10-22: "A Christmas Carol." Adapted for the stage by Eric Hill. Colonial Theatre.
Ticket information is available in person at the Colonial ticket office at 111 South St.; by telephone at 413-997-4444; or online at www.BerkshireTheatreGroup.org.
Ticket office hours are Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.; Saturdays 10 a.m.–2 p.m.; or on any performance day from 10 a.m. until curtain.
Tickets for "A Christmas Carol," Made in the Berkshires Festival, Mary Mott and Children's Holiday Extravaganza will be on sale within the next several weeks.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.