Bits and Bites: Start planning Mother's Day
You've still got another week before you can panic about what to get mom for Mother's Day — but it's not too early to make reservations. Here are a few spots offering a Mother's Day brunch:
• Take your art-loving mom to the Clark Art Institute on Sunday, May 8, for a gourmet brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Chef Dan Hardy, STARR Catering Executive Chef of the Year, will prepare a menu that includes an omelet station, carved turkey, farro salad, smoked salmon, fresh fruit, chocolate cake, and more. Specialty cocktails (priced separately) include mimosas, Bellinis, sparkling wines, and Bloody Marys.
Tickets are $40 ($37 members, $12 children age 12 and under). Taxes and gratuity not included. To reserve tickets for either seating, visit clarkart.edu or call 413-458-0524.
• Rainbow Restaurant in Pittsfield is taking reservations for its Mother's Day brunch — an extension of the restaurant's popular regular Sunday brunch offering. For $23.95 per person ($13.95 for children 8 and younger, free for children 3 and younger) enjoy a carving station, roast turkey, french toast and pancakes, eggs Benedict, bacon, sausage, wood-fired pizzas and more. Call 413-443-0002 to make a reservation.
• Stop by Eat on North in Pittsfield from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Mother's Day for a special brunch menu. Live music will be provided by Jack Hydon, a senior at Mount Greylock High School, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• For a more casual, yet equally tasty event, The Berkshire Lodge of Masons, 63 Center St. in Adams (The Elks Lodge Building), will host a Mother's Day breakfast from 8 to 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 8.
The cost is $7 for adults, $6 for children younger than 12, and free for children 5 and younger.
Breakfast includes pancakes, eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, coffee, juice and much more.
• The newly opened W Bar and Grill in Williamstown will offer a three-course Mother's Day brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, May 8.
To make reservations for the $34 per person prix fixed menu, visit www.thewbarandgrill.com.
• Bring mom to Bounti-Fare in Adams from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Mother's Day for a special buffet, which will include a chef-attended carving station, a fresh malted Belgium waffle station and much more. Brunch is $23.95 for adults, children 10 and younger $12.95 and children younger than 3 are free.
• Mezze in Williamstown is hosting a "Mother's Day brunch like no other" from noon to 7 p.m. with a special a la carte menu. Call 413-458-0123 to make a reservation.
• Pleasant and Main — Cafe & General Store is offering a Mother's Day brunch. Call (413) 274 6303 for more information or reservations.
• Not interested in brunch? From 5 to 9 p.m. stop by the Dream Away Lodge in Becket for a Mother's Day dinner.
Did we miss your Mother's Day brunch/lunch/dinner plans? Please email Lindsey Hollenbaugh at email@example.com
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.