Bring in 'da noise; bring in 'da new year
- Dance to reggae and jam-rockers Rebel Alliance at The Grille, 77 Summer St. There is no cover; the night will include free food and a midnight champagne toast. Doors will open at 9; expect the music around 9:30. The establishment closes at 2 a.m.
- The Polish National Alliance Lodge 1365 (aka The P.N.A.), 13 Victory St., will host its annual party from 9:30 p.m. to about 1 a.m. A DJ will spin and party favors will be provided. There is no cover charge.
- Sound & Vision Event Collective presents "A New Year's Eve Speakeasy" at Shire Breu-Hous, 63 Flansburg Ave., beginning at 8 p.m. and lasting until 2 a.m. Dress to impress: "Ladies think lace and head pieces. Gentlemen think bowties, suspenders, vests and wing tip shoes," the organizers wrote on the event's Facebook page. DJ Jerrid Coty will be spinning; a photo booth and champagne toast will also be part of the evening. Tickets are available for $15 (plus a $1.62 fee) in advance at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-new-years-eve-speakeasy-presented-by-sound-vision-event-collective-tickets-40947468982. They will be $25 at the door. Tickets get you a password to enter the venue.
- SOLD OUT: Country rockers Whiskey City will play at the Wahconah Country Club, 20 Orchard Road.
- Celebrate '80s hair bands when Hair Ballz plays at Bogies Steak & Ale, 935 S. Main St. The restaurant will offer a New Year's Eve special: a three-course meal (soup or salad, choice between two entrees, dessert) for $18.95. Afterwards, stay to see Hair Ballz will play ($10 cover). The festivities will include a complimentary midnight champagne toast.
- Castle Street Cafe, 10 Castle St., will host Bev Rohlehr and The Colbys and once again have a special New Year's Eve prix fixe menu at 8:30 and 9:30 seatings. The three-course meal, as well as a midnight champagne toast and party favors, costs $100. Reservations are required (call 413-528-5244). Standard-menu seatings at 6 and 7 are also available.
- Fuel, 293 Main St., will hold a 21-and-older dance party featuring Mr. 413 that will last beyond midnight. Cover charge is $10; there will be a midnight champagne toast.
- Berkshire Bach Society presents "Bach at New Year's" at The Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, 14 Castle St. The performance, which includes pieces by Mozart, Boyce and Bach, among others, starts at 6 p.m. It will last for about two hours (with a 15-minute intermission). Tickets cost $88-$42; visit http://www.mahaiwe.org/BerkshireBach2017 or call 413-528-0100 to purchase them.
- Jiminy Peak, 37 Corey Road, will once again host its torchlight skiers/riders parade and fireworks show after skiing ends for the day. Following the outdoors entertainment, attendees can head to Christiansen's Tavern, which will be open past midnight.
- Blantyre, 16 Blantyre Road, will hold a gala featuring live entertainment, complimentary cocktails, food stations, a champagne toast and party favors. Tickets are $195 each; call 413-637-3556 for reservations.
- Misty Blues Band will play at Firefly Gastropub, 71 Church St. Eating dinner there eliminates the $10 cover charge. Reservations are recommended; call 413-637-2700. Close is 1 a.m.
- The Gateways Inn, 51 Walker St., will host another gala featuring dinner (seatings begin at 8), live music (Rich Hommel & The Biocentrics go on at 9) and dancing. Call 413-637-2532 for reservations.
- Wheatleigh, Hawthorne Road, will celebrate with a special menu ($275 per person exclusive of service), the Andy Wrba Trio playing and snacks at an "outdoor firetable." Call 413-637-0610 for reservations.
- DJ Mark Denning will appear at the Freight Yard Pub & Restaurant, 1 Furnace St. Seating will be first-come-first-serve; the restaurant will be open until midnight.
- The Mohawk, 30 Marshall St., will have a DJ and champagne toast at midnight. There is no cover charge. The establishment will close at 1 a.m.
- Raw and Rekless will make its public debut at the North Adams American Legion Post 125, 91 American Legion Drive. The music will follow a supper buffet at 7. A 50/50 raffle and post-midnight snacks will be part of the evening, which is scheduled to last until 1 a.m. Tickets cost $15. They can be purchased at the door, by calling 802-694-1253 or by instant messaging the band's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/raw.rekless).
- Classic rock band Rock 201 will entertain at the Knox Trail Inn, 1898 E. Otis Road. Four-course dinner seatings are at 5:30 and 7:30; the music will begin at 9 p.m. There will be complimentary party favors and a midnight champagne toast. Reservations are required for this $45 per person (plus tax and gratuity) night; call 413-269-4400.
- Berkshire Theatre Group will host a "First Night of Funny" featuring Kevin Bartini, Ross Bennett and Eddie Clark from 8-10 at The Colonial Theatre, 111 South St. Tickets are $35 and available through the day of the show. Call 413-997-4444 or go to berkshiretheatregroup.org for tickets.
- DJ Jules Jenssen will spin at Methuselah Bar and Lounge, 391 North St. Bottomless appetizers, a holiday cocktail and a midnight toast included for $49 per person beginning at 7 p.m. After 10 p.m., it is $10 per person for a dance party. To RSVP, respond on the party's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/events/1786270584737072/) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DJ Linda Smith will appear at Pittsfield Elks Lodge 272, 27 Union St. for a dance party that will last through midnight. A buffet dinner and champagne toast will be included in the $20 per person charge. Cocktails will be served at 6; dinner is at 7. For more information, call the lodge at 413-447-9243.
- Pete Boyd will play at PortSmitt's Lakeway Restaurant, 370 Pecks Road, beginning at 8. The restaurant will be open through midnight.
- License to Groove returns to Tavern at the A, 303 Crane Ave., for a dance ball that also serves as bassist/vocalist John Worth's last gig with the '70s and '80s-focused group. For $30, attendees will get dinner, dessert, a midnight champagne toast and snacks. Doors open at 6 for cocktail hour; dinners is served at 6:30. Tickets are on sale at the venue or can be reserved by calling 413-448-9009. At 8 p.m., doors will open for the dance party. Admission is $10 at the door and will include the champagne toast and snacks.
- Zucchini's Restaurant, 1331 North St., will host a party downstairs featuring an all-inclusive buffet dinner ($55 per person), a DJ and a champagne toast. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served starting at 7; the DJ will start spinning at 9. Call 413-442-2777 or message the restaurant's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/zucchinisrestaurantpittsfield/) for more information (or to reserve your spot). Reservations are also available for upstairs dining.
- The Red Lion's Inn, 30 Main St., will be entertaining guests on New Year's Eve. In the Lion's Den, Gary Jones Duo will play "multi-genre acoustic classics"; upstairs, guests will be treated to dinner and tunes from the John Sauer Band as a part of the hotel's annual New Year's Eve Gala. For more information, call 413-298-5545.
- Shaker Mill Tavern Family Smoke House, 5 Albany Road, will have a DJ from 9 until 12:30. The bar will stay open until about 1 a.m.
- The Orchards Hotel, 222 Adams Road, will celebrate with a gala that includes dinner at 7, a comedy show at 8:30, a DJ and dancing. Tickets are $79 and can be reserved by calling 413-458-9611. Note: A package that includes booking a stay at the hotel is currently unavailable.
- The '6 House Pub, 910 Cold Spring Road (Route 7), will have live music and plans to remain open through midnight.
Benjamin Cassidy can be reached at email@example.com, at @bybencassidy on Twitter and 413-496-6251.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.