MaryNell Cella of Pittsfield is serving as a member of Union College's Student Forum.
Cella, a member of the Class of 2016, is serving as the Forum's vice president of the Class of 2016.
Student Forum members are involved in many of the institutional decisions. It oversees the operations of all student clubs and organizations and the College's activity fee.
Union College is located in Schenectady, N.Y.
Veronica Beaupre of Pittsfield, a member of the Class of 2018 at Assumption College in Worcester, is one of 18 students spending the fall semester abroad at Assumption College's Rome Campus.
The campus is located in a residential area within walking distance to St. Peter's Basilica and other historical sites.
The semester-long program offers students the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in the culture and history of the region. Faculty lead visits to culturally and historically significant locations in Rome, with the purpose of using the city itself as a classroom.
Trips to other sites and cities are included in the tuition.
The following students have been named Presidential Scholars for the spring 2015 semester at Clarkson University in Potsdam, N.Y.:
• Kevin Michael Murray of West Stockbridge, a freshman majoring in civil engineering.
• Joshua B. Pyser of Dalton, a senior majoring in biomolecular science and chemistry.
Clarkson University in Potsdam, N.Y., has named the following students to its dean's list for the spring 2015 semester:
• Jessica W. Budaj of Windsor, a senior majoring in global supply chain management.
• Marley Bleu Carroll of Chatham, N.Y., a senior majoring in environmental science and policy.
• Patrick Curran Conlon of Lenox, a sophomore majoring in mechanical engineering.
• Curran John Doyle of Dalton, a freshman majoring in aeronautical engineering.
• Jeremy S. Galib of Pittsfield, a senior majoring in mechanical engineering.
• Courtney C. Quinn of Hinsdale, a junior majoring in biology.
Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y., has named the following students to its spring 2015 semester dean's list.
• Skylar Haddad of Pittsfield.
• Katherine Navarino of Lenox.
Students must earn a grade point average of at least 3.5 during the semester to make the dean's list.
Cassie Lincoln, a resident of North Adams and member of Assumption College's Class of 2015, received the departmental award for psychology with a concentration in Brain, Behavior and Cognition at the College's 31st annual Honors Convocation.
Stephanie Adamczyk of Lanesborough has been named to the spring 2015 semester president's list at Husson University in Bangor, Maine.
Students who make the president's list must earn a grade point average between 3.80 and 4.0 during the period.
Jeremy Beckwith of Great Barrington, a biological science, general biology major, has been named to the spring 2015 semester dean's list at Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne. Dean's list requires a semester grade point average of at least 3.4.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.