Campus Notes: Area college students earn academic honors
Worcester Polytechnic Institute has named the following students to the dean's list for academic excellence for the spring 2015 semester:
• Truman Chojnowski of Adams is majoring in electrical and computer engineering.
• Everett Harding of Lee is majoring in robotics engineering.
• Adam Lemoine of Adams is majoring in mechanical engineering.
• Kyla Nichols of Pittsfield is majoring in biomedical engineering.
• Katherine Nugai of Pittsfield is majoring in biology and biotechnology.
• Kendall Rooney of Middlefield is majoring in chemical engineering.
• Zachary Sears of Dalton is majoring in mechanical engineering.
• Samantha Swartz of Sandisfield is majoring in robotics engineering.
The criteria for the WPI dean's list differs from most other universities as WPI does not compute a grade point average. Instead, WPI defines the dean's list by the amount of work completed at the A level in courses and projects.
Champlain College in Burlington, Vt., has named the following students to its dean's list for achieving a grade point average of 3.5 or higher in the spring 2015 semester:
• Alexander Beauchesne of Dalton is majoring in game programming.
• Liam Callaghan of Pittsfield is majoring in computer networking and information security.
• Taylor VanDyke of Dalton is majoring in public relations.
• Adam Vernali of Canaan, Conn., is majoring in international business.
• Lyndsey Degrenier of Clarksburg is majoring in radiography.
• Serena Gauthier of Pittsfield is majoring in filmmaking.
• Daniel O'Brien of Lee is majoring in broadcast and streaming media.
• Nicole Belair of Lenox is majoring in professional writing.
Ithaca (N.Y.) College has named the following students to its dean's list for the spring 2015 semester:
• Joshua Toomey of Canaan, Conn.
• Karina Feitner of Cummington.
• Robert Adler of Stockbridge.
The following students were named to the dean's list at Becker College in Worcester for the spring 2015 semester:
• Adam Delphia of Pittsfield.
• Taylor Fish of Ashley Falls.
• Brianna Herforth of Peru.
• Evan Yates of Washington.
Brandi Hoffman of Stephentown, N.Y., has been named to the spring 2015 dean's list at Buffalo (N.Y.) State College. Hoffman is majoring in psychology.
Buffalo State students must earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher to be named to the dean's list.
The following students have been named to the dean's list at Le Moyne College in Syracuse, N.Y., for the 2015 spring semester.
• David Hojnowski of Pownal, Vt., a computer science major.
• Kelsey Rich of Pittsfield, a theatre arts major.
To be named to the list, a student must obtain a grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
Colby-Sawyer College in New London, N.H., has named Kyleigh Lund of Chester to the dean's list for outstanding academic achievement during the 2015 spring semester. To qualify for the dean's list students must achieve a grade-point average of 3.50 or higher on a 4.0 scale while carrying a minimum of 12 credit hours in graded courses. Lund is a member of the class of 2016 majoring in nursing.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.