Community closings, delays and cancellations for March 8
The latest closings, delayed openings, cancellations and snow emergency updates from around Berkshire County:
• The Berkshire Museum is opening at noon.
• The Lee Premium Outlets will open at noon.
• The Berkshire Mall is opening at 11 a.m.
• Greylock Federal Credit Union branches and Insurance Agency offices are opening at 11 a.m.
• Adams Town Hall and Visitors Center are opening under a 2-hour delay.
• Trial courts will open at 10 a.m.
• State offices, including the Registry of Motor Vehicles
• Youth Center Inc. in Adams
• All Saints Berkshires Episcopal Church in North Adams
• North Adams City Hall
• North Adams Public Library
• Mary Spitzer Senior Center in North Adams
• North Adams Transfer Station
Canceled or rescheduled
• Pittsfield trash pickup is canceled and will resume on Friday. As of Thursday morning, Friday’s pickup would include Wednesday and some of Thursday locations. Locations to be announced. Saturday’s pickup would include the remainder of Thursday and Friday.
• The International Women's Day celebration dinner hosted by Flavours of Malaysia for the Elizabeth Freeman Center originally scheduled for Thursday, March 8 at 6 pm has been rescheduled for April 5th.
• Adams: In effect until 3 p.m. No vehicles are allowed to park on the streets. All violators are subject to being towed.
• Clarksburg: In effect until 7 p.m. No on-street parking.
• Lenox: In effect until 5 p.m. Any vehicles parked on any streets town wide will be towed at the owner’s expense for snow removal purposes.
• North Adams: In effect until 8 p.m. Residents may not park vehicles on city streets and are encouraged to limit their travel during this time to allow for the clearing of streets throughout this extended storm.
• Pittsfield: The snow emergency and on-street parking ban has been lifted. Parking regulations are back in effect.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.