Events, celebrations to ring in New Year in the Berkshires
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Or should you kick up your heels and revel with friends as 2015 goes out of style? The choice is your, dear readers, on how to celebrate New Year's Eve.
But if you're looking for a party beyond the comforts of home or your favorite restaurant, here's a list of happenings to help you ring in 2016:
• Bounti-Fare Restaurant will host a dinner buffet and dancing with local band Phil N The Void. The $50 ticket includes appetizers at 6:30 p.m., a dinner buffet at 7:30. Dancing starts around 9, followed by a champagne toast, party favors and a midnight breakfast buffet. Call 413-743-0193 to reserve your spot.
• Rebel Alliance will ring in the New Year at The Grille, starting around 9:30 p.m. Some eats will be provided and it's encouraged to bring a dish to share.
• After six years, local rockers WYKYD are going out with a bang, playing a Farewell Bash starting at 9 p.m. at Bogies Steak and Ale.
• Gypsy Joynt will at 10 p.m. kick-off a New Year's Eve party with Jordan Weller & The Feathers.
• Castle Street Cafe will have dinner seatings at 6 and 7 p.m., serving from its standard menu. Special menu seatings will be offered at 8:30 and 9:30 followed by dancing with The Rob Putnam-Rob Kelly Quartet. The special dinner, dancing and champagne toast is $100 per person. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 413-528-5244.
• Berkshire Bach Society presents "Bach at New Year's: Our 25th Anniversary," starting at 6 p.m. at the Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center. The Berkshire Bach Ensemble, under the direction of harpsichordist Kenneth Cooper, brings Eugene Drucker, Benjamin Luxon, and an array of stellar guest soloists together for a celebratory evening of Vivaldi, Corelli, and of course, Bach. Tickets range from $40-$85 and can be purchased at mahaiwe.org/BachNewYears2015 or 413-528-0100.
• Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort's annual torchlight parade begins at the top of the Berkshire express as soon as the lights are shut down for the evening. Ski Patrol will lead the parade down the mountain to JJ's Lodge. Shortly after the parade reaches JJ's, the fireworks display will begin.
Bujak, the duo of Jeff Bujak on keys and Jen Dulong on yes, the LED hula hoop, will perform a live electronica set starting at 9 p.m. Blending old and new material. There's a $10 cover for this age 21 and up event.
• The Gateways Inn & Restaurant will host a special evening of a five-course dinner and dancing to live music, with seatings starting at 8 p.m. Cost is $201.60 per couple, not including tax and gratuity. Reservations are required and can be made at 413-637-2532 or gatewaysinn.com/events.
• Blantyre offers two- and four-night New Year's Celebration packages featuring the ultimate of luxury. The two-night package includes a barbecue, full-breakfast each morning, a New Year's Eve Black Tie Celebration, six-course dinner with wine pairings, dancing and midnight toast, a New Year's Day brunch, outdoor activities, accommodations and more. For rates and reservations, visit blantyre.com/new-years-celebration-at-blantyre or 1-844-881-0104.
• Latent Productions and Mezze Bistro + Catering will present "Unlock: A New Year in North County," the inaugural event of Greylock Works, the renovated Greylock Mill at 508 State Road. Dinner is 6 to 8:30 p.m., and includes champagne, hors d'oeuvres, and a locally sourced family-style meal. The dance party follows, featuring local DJ MadaMusic (Adam Post) and Verboten's Down Deep (Kevin Finn) from Brooklyn. Tickets range from $50-$195. Details and tickets are at http://unlock.bpt.me.
For an additional fee, Berkshire Shenanigans is coordinating two party buses, leaving at 7 p.m. from the Guido's Fresh Marketplace parking lot in Great Barrington ($15), and at 8 from Dottie's Coffee Lounge in Pittsfield ($12). Guido's and Berkshire Mountain Distillers' will offer a gift basket raffle for all Great Barrington bus passengers. The return trip departs at 1 a.m. To purchase tickets to the Berkshire Shenanigans Party Bus, visit http://tinyurl.com/BerkshireShenanigansNYEBuses.
• The Freight Yard Pub and Restaurant will host from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., a New Year's Eve party to benefit the Relay For Life Team Sould Sisters and Brothers. Open to the public, tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door, and include party favors, dancing with DJ Mark Denning, light snacks and a midnight champagne toast. Reservations: 413-663-6547.
• The Eagles Club will host a gala with dinner and dancing. Tickets are $40 per person, and includes hors d'oeuvres and cocktails at 6 p.m., a prime rib buffet dinner at 7, dancing starting at 9 with the group Colour 9, and a midnight breakfast. Tickets: 413-664-9043.
•The ITAM Lodge will host its annual Gala New Year's Eve party with music by Champagne Jam. Cocktail hour begins at 6 p.m. Dinner at 7 features a choice of surf and turf, chicken almondine or baked crabmeat stuffed shrimp. Vegetarian and gluten free menu options are available. Midnight refreshments and a champagne toast are included. The cost is $60 for members and $65 for non-members. Tickets: Call Alba Wendling at 413-499-3492.
• Country-rock group Shepards Crossing will play a New Year's party at The Tavern at The A in Pittsfield. A buffet dinner will be offered from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., with music from 9:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tickets are $30 for the buffet, party, and midnight champagne and snacks; or $15 for everything without the buffet.
• Looking for a family friendly affair? Berkshire Museum at 11 a.m. will host a "New Year's Rockin' Rodeo Eve," with games and activities like lassoing, card games, Wild West dress-up and more. General admission is $8 per child, $15 per adult.
• Casey's Billiards will host party band SHYNE starting at 10 p.m. The $5 cover includes music, party favors, pool and a midnight toast.
• BerkshireFlirt and Hotel on North are teaming up to present a special New Year's Eve Dance Party featuring DJ Chris Plankey, champagne toast, midnight snacks, goodie bags, photo booth, party favors, "Single & Mingle Lounge" and more. This age 21 and up event goes from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tickets range from $30 per person to $120 for a five-pack, and can be purchased at berkflirtnye.eventbrite.com.
• Methuselah Bar and Lounge is hosting a dance party starting around 9 p.m. with local band Tantrum. A $10 cover benefits the Elizabeth Freeman Center. Space is extremely limited so email firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets.
• The Orchards Hotel will host a New Year's Eve Gala with hypnotist comedian Frank Santos Jr., dinner, a deejayed dance party, champagne toast and more. Tickets are $79 per person and include a buffet dinner, the comedy show, dancing and toast. A hotel accommodation and brunch package is also available. Information and reservations: OrchardsHotel.com or 413-458-9611.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.