Fire destroys Boston home that doubled as dentist's office

Posted

BOSTON >> Fire officials say a blaze sparked by an accident with dental equipment at a home in Boston's Mattapan section injured a firefighter and two other people.

Crews responded to the house fire on Babson Street around 4 p.m. Monday. The building serves as both a residence and a dentist's office.

Fire Commissioner Joseph Finn says first responders were met by "an elderly gentleman" who said his adult son was still inside the engulfed home.

The son was pulled from the 2 1/2 story structure and was taken to Boston Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. His father was also hospitalized with injuries. He is expected to survive.

A firefighter who slipped and fell inside the home was hospitalized for a leg injury.

The home is considered a total loss.


TALK TO US

If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions