Fire forces 100-plus students from Albany college dormitory

Posted

ALBANY, N.Y. >> More than 100 students have been forced from their on-campus dormitory at the University at Albany after a fire broke out.

University police responded shortly before 1 a.m. Tuesday to a report of a fire in Oneida Hall, on the college's main campus. The blaze was contained to one room and was put out in less than 30 minutes.

One student reportedly suffered minor injuries and was treated at a hospital.

The approximately 120 students who live in dormitory aren't being allowed back in yet. University officials are setting up temporary living arrangements.

There's no word yet on what may have caused the fire.


TALK TO US

If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions