Gov. Patrick: ‘No plans' for White House bid
BOSTON (AP) -- Gov. Deval Patrick is downplaying any talk of a future White House run, saying he's focused on his day job and plans to return to the private sector when he leaves office.
Patrick said Monday he's "not sending any signals or floating any trial balloons."
The Democrat was responding to comments he made when asked last month by Politico while attending the National Governors Association conference in Washington whether he could see himself at some point running for president. Patrick responded by saying "maybe."
On Monday, his first day back in Massachusetts after a vacation to Costa Rica, Patrick said his comment was nothing new and that he's always left open the possibility of future public service.
He's also ruled out any run in 2016, saying he has "no plans to make plans."
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.