How to spend human service funds in Pittsfield?

Wednesday April 25, 2012

PITTSFIELD -- The city of Pittsfield, through its Human Services Advisory Council, is asking residents to comment on the human service needs in Pittsfield.

The advisory council is an 11-member advisory committee that makes funding recommendations to the mayor on how the city should allocate its human services funding. One of the considerations that the council uses to make those recommendations is to consider the views of city residents.

In the past, the council held a meeting where the public could come and comment on human service needs. New for this year, the council instead is soliciting comments through email at hsac@pitts

Comments may also be submitted by phone at (413) 499-9450; teletype at (413) 499-9340; or by regular mail to Robert Cornwell, Pittsfield Department of Community Development, 70 Allen St., Pittsfield, MA 01201.

This opportunity is also being promoted on the city’s website at The deadline to submit comments is April 27.


If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions