Letter: March on Washington and demand to be heard
March on Washington and demand to be heard
To the editor:
What we need is a massive march on Washington, D.C. to wake up the greedy politicians. A march such as the one by Martin Luther King Jr., only much larger.
A list of grievances could be as follows:
* The perks that members of Congress get.
* The greed of the drug companies.
* The greed of Wall Street.
* The rich not paying their fair share of taxes.
* Failure to treat our military veterans fairly.
* The influence of lobbyists in Congress.
* The reduction of food stamps provided for the nation's needy.
* The continuing plight of the homeless.
* Whatever else others feel needs to be addressed.
I do not know who could lead such a march but it is about time that the American people were heard.
Phil Prew, Pittsfield