Marathon victim files slander suit against Glenn Beck
BOSTON (AP) - A Saudi Arabian man injured in last year's Boston Marathon bombings has filed a defamation and slander lawsuit against conservative commentator Glenn Beck for allegedly saying on the air that the plaintiff was "the money man" behind the attack.
In the federal lawsuit filed Friday in Boston, plaintiff Abdulrahim Alharbi says as a result of Beck's statements tying him to the bombings that killed three, Alharabi's reputation has been "substantially and severely damaged."
The 20-year-old Alharabi, who attends college in the Boston area, says in his suit that he was injured in the bombings and questioned by authorities who even searched his apartment before determining that he had no connection to the crimes.
The lawsuit seeks a jury trial and unspecified damages.
An email was left for Beck at his website.