Multiple explosions spark blaze that destroyed Concord home
CONCORD, MASS. >> Fire officials have ruled that a home in Concord is a total loss after multiple explosions sparked an intense blaze that ripped through the structure.
Firefighters were dispatched to the College Road home around 8 p.m. Wednesday after neighbors reported hearing a large explosion in the area.
Fire crews were met by heavy smoke and found the house fully engulfed upon their arrival. Extra tankers were called in to help fight the flames.
The homeowners weren't inside at the time of the blaze and no injuries were reported.
Fire officials believe an oil tank found inside the home could be to blame for the first explosion. The second blast was potentially caused by propane canisters.
An investigation is ongoing.