Officials: Hoverboard may have sparked house fire

Posted

CHELMSFORD, MASS. >> Officials say a malfunctioning hoverboard may have caused a fire at a Massachusetts home.

No injuries were reported after firefighters contained the blaze at the Chelmsford home on Monday night. The home suffered smoke damage.

Fire Chief Gary Ryan tells The Sun that investigators are still working to confirm the cause of the blaze. Firefighters removed a burning hoverboard from the home.

WCVB reports that officials say a child was riding a hoverboard in the living room when it sparked and caught fire.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has been investigating issues with the devices, which have been linked to several reported fires.


TALK TO US

If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions