Phone charger sparks fire at Lanesborough Country Inn cabin

Posted

LANESBOROUGH >> An early morning fire that damaged a cabin at the Lanesborough Country Inn was started by a phone charger, fire officials said.

No one was injured in the fire, which was reported about 6 a.m.

Lanesborough firefighters arriving at the scene encountered heavy smoke coming from a small room fire in the cabin on South Main Street. No one was in the cabin at the time.

The fire, which officials said was caused by a short in a phone charger, caused about $15,000 worth of damage.


TALK TO US

If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions