Pittsfield: Boys & Girls Club offers vacation week activities
The Boys' & Girls' Club of the Berkshires Inc. is offering programs and activities during February school vacation week.
• Children's Center Open House: Wednesday, Feb. 17, 10 a.m. to noon. Visit the school, meet the teachers, and learn more about the full day preschool and pre-kindergarten programs. State vouchers are accepted. Information: 413-442-6106.
• 4-H Babysitting Course: Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to noon. No minimum or maximum age. Course fee is $25.
• Puppet Making: Tuesday through Thursday, Feb. 16 to 18, from 3 to 5 p.m. for members in grades 3-8. Participants must be a Club member. Course fee is $5.
• Caterpillar Cupcakes Baking Class: Tuesday and Thursday, Feb. 16 and 18, from 1 to 3 p.m. Participants must have a Club membership. Fee is $5 per class.
• Woodworking: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Feb. 15, 17 and 19, from 10 to 11 a.m. Projects will be supervised by an instructor. Participants must be Club members. Class fee is $5.
• Mini Members Club Orientation: Tuesday and Friday, Feb. 16 and 19 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Structured co-ed program for younger members (kindergarten through second grade) to introduce them to the Club. Pre-registration is required. A small lunch will be provided via the cooking activity. No fee.
• Learn to Skate Program for ages 4-12: Monday through Thursday, Feb. 15 to 18, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Co-sponsored by the Pittsfield Figure Skating Club. Single blade skates only. Helmets recommended. Class fee is $30 per week. A $10 membership is required.
• Public Skate: Monday through Friday, Feb. 15 to 19, from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Children: $4 with membership; $6 without membership; Adults: $6. Ice skate rental available (while they last) $3 per session.
• Member Free Swim: Monday through Friday, Feb. 15 to 19, from 1 to 3 p.m. Drop-in open swim program for club members third grade and up. Bring membership card.
• Club Olympics: Monday through Friday, Feb. 15 to 19. Different games will be offered throughout the week with prizes awarded to the winners. Free to members.
For more information, call 413-448-8258 or visit http://www.bgcberkshires.org, click on "Programs" and look for "February Vacation Week."