Pittsfield: YMCA's Wellness Wednesday offered today
The Berkshire Family YMCA's Pittsfield Branch announces Wellness Wednesday from 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 27, at 292 North St.
Wellness Wednesday's goal is to promote healthy living by providing educational services and resources from local organizations.
The event will include:
• An introduction to Berkshire Partnership for Health, Community Health Workers and partnership organizations as the Y introduces programs and education for healthy living.
• Pre-diabetes screening and education from Northern Berkshire Community Coalition.
• A Matter of Balance: managing concerns about falls in older adults by the Berkshire Family YMCA.
• Pre-hypertension education by CHP.
• Tobacco cessation and education programs by Fairview Hospital.
• Blood Pressure/Get Cuffed Program by Berkshire Health Systems.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.