Pittsfield: YMCA's Wellness Wednesday offered today
The Berkshire Family YMCA's Pittsfield Branch announces Wellness Wednesday from 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 27, at 292 North St.
Wellness Wednesday's goal is to promote healthy living by providing educational services and resources from local organizations.
The event will include:
• An introduction to Berkshire Partnership for Health, Community Health Workers and partnership organizations as the Y introduces programs and education for healthy living.
• Pre-diabetes screening and education from Northern Berkshire Community Coalition.
• A Matter of Balance: managing concerns about falls in older adults by the Berkshire Family YMCA.
• Pre-hypertension education by CHP.
• Tobacco cessation and education programs by Fairview Hospital.
• Blood Pressure/Get Cuffed Program by Berkshire Health Systems.