Police: 16-year-old boy wanted in Rowley shooting that injured teen
ROWLEY >> Authorities have issued an arrest warrant for a 16-year-old boy suspected of shooting another teen in a wooded area behind a Rowley shopping center.
The Daily News of Newburyport (http://bit.ly/23lV9H7) reported that the Rowley boy is wanted on charges including assault to murder. Police Chief Scott Dumas says and investigators believe the victim and suspect know each other and he doesn't believe the suspect is a threat to others.
Police just after 5 p.m. on Sunday received reports of shots fired and an 18-year-old man eventually emerged and said he had been shot in the leg. Another teen then walked into the police station and told investigators he had been shot at in the same area.
The suspect's name was not released because of his age.
Information from: The Daily News of Newburyport, http://www.newburyportnews.com
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.