Ski resorts limit operations Thursday due to weather
Berkshire Eagle Staff
Despite the warm weather, most Berkshire County ski areas have trails open on Thursday, while others have closed or limited operations for the day. All ski areas anticipate being open this weekend.
• Bousquet: Bousquet is open today, Thursday, Jan. 31. Some trails are open; others are closed.
• Catamount: The mountain will remain closed Thursday. The mountain will re-open Friday, a $29 day, with 26 trails planned. Snowmaking resumes Thursday night on several trails.
• Jiminy Peak: Open 9-4. No night skiing Thursday night. Some trails are closed today. Left Bank area will open late (around mid-morning). Widow Whites will not operate on Thursday. Lift tickets at non-holiday rates.
• Otis Ridge: Otis Ridge is all open except Ridge Run. Acorn has very thin cover.
• Ski Butternut: Butternut will close Thursday to let the mountain leach. Snowmaking is expected to kick back in Thursday evening and continue into the evening as long as the weather remains cold. Friday skiing expected.
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please
email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by
filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.