Sunday afternoon fire displaces Dalton Avenue family

Posted

PITTSFIELD — A city family was displaced Sunday afternoon after a space heater sparked a fire in their single family home.

At 1:38 p.m., a motorist driving by the Zink home at 189 Dalton Ave., noticed smoke coming from a second floor window, according to the Pittsfield Fire Department.

When city firefighters arrived they found the fire in one of the second-story bedrooms and quickly doused it. While the fire was confined to the bedroom, fire officials said the rest of the house had smoke damage and the Zinks were expected to find shelter elsewhere for the night.

No one was home when the fire broke out and no firefighters were injured.

Fire investigators say a space heater too close to curtains and other combustible materials set the bedroom afire.


TALK TO US

If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions