Sylvester Stallone: Avoids film promotion
LOS ANGELES -- The cast of "The Expendables 2" say they're giving co-star and writer Sylvester Stallone space after the death of his son last month.
Stallone's 36-year-old son Sage died on July 13 in his Los Angeles home.
"Something like that is so severe. You can't really do anything. I sent him a handwritten note. I contributed to a charity for his kid," said Dolph Lundgren, one of a number of aging action stars featured in the film, which opens Aug. 17.
"He knows we're thinking about him," Lundgren said. "He knows us. He knows our prayers go out to him. But what are you going to do? I have two kids. And all you can do is hug your kids and go thank God it didn't happen to you."
Stallone has not made any public appearances since the death. His publicist said in a statement that the star was "devastated and grief-stricken." No cause of death has been announced.
Sage Moonblood Stallone was the oldest of Sylvester Stal lone's children and co-starred with his father in two films: 1990's "Rocky V" and 1996's "Daylight."
Mixed-martial-arts veteran turned actor Randy Couture said the cast was missing Stallone .
"He is the leader of this group, both on-screen and off-screen. And so we miss him here," Couture said.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.