The Forum: Upcoming programs at Boys & Girls Club
PITTSFIELD — The Boys & Girls Club of the Berkshires will host these upcoming programs:
• School vacation co-ed basketball clinics will be held through Wednesday as follows: 9 a.m. for kindergarten and first-graders; 10 a.m. for boys in grades 2 and 3; 11:30 a.m. for girls in grades 2 and 3; 12:45 p.m. for boys in grades 4 and 5; and 2 p.m. for girls in grades 4 and 5. Cost is $5 per player per day, no sign-ups required.
• Girls Lacrosse Learn to Play Clinics will be held from 6 to 7 p.m. in the gym at Morningside Community School, starting Jan. 7. Reserve a spot at email@example.com; no fee.
• Additional public ice skating hours will be offered from 1 to 3 p.m. through Wednesday, and every Saturday and Sunday from 2 to 3:45 p.m., unless otherwise noted. Cost is $6 for children and adults general admission; $4 with membership. Ice skate rentals are $3. Skate sharpening is available.
• The City of Pittsfield Recreation program has teamed up with the Boys & Girls Club of the Berkshires to offer free public skating on the following Saturdays: Jan. 9, 23, 30 and Feb. 20. The first 100 people through the door during the public skate at Boys & Girls Club of the Berkshires will receive free admission and are eligible for free skate rentals while they last.
For more information call Rebecca Tefft, Recreation Activities Coordinator, at 499-9370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For today and Wednesday, the center is operating its Children's Center and After-school program hours as normal. Free swim will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. on these days. Walk-in club hours are from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The office will be open until noon on Thursday, and the club will be closed Friday for New Year's Day.
The club will be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday. Info: 413-448-8258.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.