The latest school closings and community cancellations
Due to the winter storm, many Berkshire County venues have postponed or canceled weekend events. We'll continue to update this list throughout the weekend.
he town's transfer station and libraries will be closed Saturday pursuant to Governor's directive to keep all non-essential vehicles off the roads.
• Beacon Cinema will show only their first set of movies Friday:
Zero Dark Thirty: 1:50
Identity Thief: 2:05
Silver Linings Playbook: 2:20
Side Effects: 2:35
Warm Bodies: 2:45
• The Pittsfield Family YMCA will be closing its childcare program at noon Friday. There will be no after-school programs. The YMCA will close at 6 p.m., with no evening fitness availability. Swim team and breakdance programs are cancelled. The YMCA will reopen on Saturday at noon, but swim lessons, gymnastics, free runners and breakdancing programs are cancelled that day.
• The Berkshire Museum will close at 1 p.m. Little Cinema is canceled. The museum will reopen Saturday at 10 a.m. "Envisioning Emancipation" with author Barbara Krauthamer has been postponed. The planned gallery program "Bats: Out of the Cave and into the Night" has been moved from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The opening reception for "Ansel Adams: Masterworks" and "Nature Magnified: Photographs by Andreas Feininger" will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. as scheduled. Little Cinema screenings will resume Saturday evening at 7.
• The Berkshire Historical Society has postponed the Saturday brunch to Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Community House at Salisbury Estates.
• Berkshire Dance Theatre, Inc: Closed, classes canceled.
• The Lenox Library will be closed Friday.
• The Northern Berkshire Community Coalition has canceled its monthly forum scheduled for Friday at the First Baptist Church. The forum will be rescheduled at a later date.
• The Clark Art Institute has postponed Friday's 8 p.m. Preservation Hall Jazz Band concert. Start with Art, a free preschool event scheduled for Saturday, has been canceled.
New Lebanon, N.Y.
Friday's community meal scheduled for 5:30 p.m. at the New Lebanon Congregational Church has been canceled.
School Information from Friday, Feb. 8
• Adams-Cheshire Regional School District: Closing early at noon; No A.M. Pre-K; Elementary school closes at 11:30 a.m.; High school closing at 11 a.m.
• Bard College at Simon's Rock: The school plans to close at 5 p.m. The Alumni Library and the Kilpatrick Athletic Center close at 5 p.m.
• BART Charter School: Students will be dismissed at noon. This week's dance has been moved to Friday, Feb. 15.
• Bennington County Head Start: Closed.
• Bennington Early Childhood Center: Closed.
• Berkshire Christian School: Closed.
• Berkshire Community College: The school will close at noon. Classes held at or after noon are canceled.
• Berkshire Country Day School: Closed.
• Berkshire Montessori School: Closed.
• Berkshire Hills Regional School District:
Monument Valley Regional Middle School and Monument Mountain Regional High School: Early dismissal at 11:30 a.m.
Muddy Brook Regional Elementary: Early dismissal at noon.
• Central Berkshire Regional School District: Closed, but admin. offices will be open until noon.
• Cheshire Elementary: Early dismissal at noon. No Pre-K; no after-school programs or child care.
• Clarksburg Elementary: Early dismissal at 11:30 a.m.
• C.T. Plunkett: Early dismissal at 11:30 a.m.
• Emma L. Miller Elementary School: Closed.
• Gabriel Abbott Memorial School: Closing early at 11:30 a.m.
• Great Barrington Rudolf Steiner School: Closed.
• Lanesborough Regional School District: Early dismissal at 11:30 a.m.
• Lee Public Schools: Elementary schools closing at 11:50 a.m.; High schools closing at 11 a.m.; No after-school programs, events.
• Lenox: Lenox has notified parents via robo call to plan for a half day. This call is subject to change in the morning if the storm starts earlier.
• Farmington River Elementary School: Students will be dismissed at 11:45 a.m. There will be no preschool classes.
• Hancock Elementary School: Closing at 11:30 a.m.
• Hoosac Valley High School and Middle School: Early dismissal at 11 a.m.
• Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts: The school will close at noon and remain closed through Saturday.
• McCann Technical School (North Adams): Closed.
• Mohawk Regional School District: Closed.
• Montessori School of The Berkshires (Lenox Dale): Closed.
• Mount Greylock Regional High School: Closing at 11 a.m.
• Pine Cobble School (Williamstown): Closing at noon.
• Pittsfield Public Schools: Closing early at 12 p.m.; Elementary at 11:35 a.m.; Middle School at 10:40 a.m.; High School at 10:50 a.m.
• Richmond Consolidated School: Early dismissal at 11:55 a.m.
• Saint Stanislaus Kostka School: Early dismissal
• Southern Berkshire Regional School District: Early dismissal at 11:30 a.m.
• Southern Vermont College: Closed.
• Stamford Elementary School: Closing at 11:30. No preschool, no after-school programs, no events.
• Williamstown Public Schools: Early dismissal at 11:30 a.m.