Theater initiative, special events added to Williamstown season lineup
WILLIAMSTOWN >> A new community immersive theater project, "Orpheus in the Berkshires," along with a lineup of special events, has been added to Williamstown Theatre Festival's 62nd season.
"Orpheus in the Berkshires" is a made-by-and-for-the-Berkshires theater event that will have its wotrld premiere July 14-17.
The new special events lineup kicks-off June 30 with Festival LAWNch!, a special pre- and post-show experience for the opening productions of this year's Main Stage and Nikos Stage shows — respectively, Tennessee Williams' "The Rose Tattoo" and Martyna Majok's "Cost of Living" — and continues with:
• Ménage à Deux with Tom Fontana and Susie Essman (July 7);
• Pigpen Theatre Co., returning to the Festival with a concert of their distinctive brand of contemporary folk rock music (July 11);
• for the third summer in a row, the stripped-down musical comedy duo, The Skivvies (July 17 & 18);
• comedian Marcus Monroe's one-man show, "The Rise and Fall of Marcus Monroe" (July 24 & 25);
• the musical improv show, "Baby Wants Candy" (Aug. 3–7);
• and the Williamstown debuts of Jill Kargman: Meta Metal (Aug. 7) and "Inside Joke" with Ophira Eisenberg (Aug. 8).
Complete season program information is available online at festival.org.
Single tickets are now available at wtfestival.org; by calling 413-458-3200 x 17; or by mail order using WTF's season brochure (call 413-597-3400 to join the mailing list).
The WTF box office will open in June at which point tickets may be purchased online, by phone, or in person at the '62 Center for Theatre and Dance box office at 1000 Main St (Route 2).