Things to do in the Berkshires, Dec. 31
Happy last day of 2015, dear readers. My, how 365 days and nights fly!
In case you missed it, and you're looking for some last-minute ideas for ringing in 2016, you can find last week's roundup of New Year's Eve parties here: http://ow.ly/WrmpJ.
Below, you'll also find some additions, as well as some other hot happening in the first nights of the New Year. Wherever you go, and whatever you do, have fun, keep safe and be good to each other, too!
New Year's Eve additions
• Bousquet Mountain in Pittsfield will host a New Year's Eve party with the Malibu Brothers starting at 8 p.m. Get the details on Bousquet's Facebook page.
• The Shutdown Team presents DJ Marc the Don and DJ B at Rascal's Grille in Adams, spinning all your favorite dance hits starting at 9:30 p.m. There's no cover for this end-of-the-year bash. And in case you miss them tonight, they'll be back at the same time and place on Saturday night.
• Blues-rock-groove group Bigger Boat will jam at the Lion's Den at The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge.
• The Red Lion Inn itself will also host its annual New Year's Eve Gala, featuring a prix fixe five-course menu prepared by Executive Chef Brian J. Alberg, music, dancing and a champagne toast at midnight. For reservations to this jacket and tie affair, call 413-298-1690 or email email@example.com.
• As part of the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation's 25th anniversary of First Day Hikes in the commonwealth, there will be a guided hike beginning at noon from the Visitor Center of Mt. Greylock State Reservation, 30 Rockwell Road, Lanesborough. The hike is free and open to the public.
• Looking for a creative way to spend New Year's Day? The Dirty Brush will from 1 to 4 p.m. host a painting party of a scene called "Winter Tree Hugger," on a 16-by-20-inch canvas. Cost is $30 per person, and all materials are included. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 413-442-9300. Class will be held at 141 North St., lower level in Pittsfield.
• Race Brook Lodge in Sheffield will host a Swing Dance Night with the One Straw Revolution band. A beginner lesson starts at 7 p.m., with open dancing beginning at 8. Tickets are $10; or $35 for a prix fixe dinner and the dance. Call 413-229-8585 to reserve a table or visit rblodge.com/swingdancejanuary2016 for more details.
• The County Line Band with Corey Zink will perform at The Tavern at The A in Pittsfield.
• Dayne Herndon will play The Brick House Pub in Housatonic.
Alan Franco will launch his next 8-week "Salsa for Beginners" courses beginning the week of Jan. 5. Cost is $100 for the full course or $13 per class. Register at http://berkshire.gothingstodo.com/salsa-boot-camp-for-beginners or contact Franco at 413-347-2801 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.