Vets save NYC dog who swallowed 111 pennies

Posted

NEW YORK (AP) - A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.

The New York Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/X4UR6b) that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.

The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.

That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.

The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.


TALK TO US

If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.

Powered by Creative Circle Media Solutions