In conjunction with the Becket Arts Center’s "Insight into the Building of Our Community: Becket and Washington," the Becket Land Trust Historic Quarry will offer two special viewings of its off-site museum located across the street from the Arts Center at 12 Brooker Hill Road, on Saturdays, Sept. 15 and 22, from 1 to 4 p.m.
Members of the Becket Land Trust board, including president Ken Smith, will be on the premises to discuss the Historic Quarry’s permanent exhibit. The exhibit features archival materials including photographs, letters, ledgers, tools, and pieces of machinery.
Besides the permanent exhibit, two additional exhibits will be on display: "Diary of a Quarry Worker," featuring the 1892 diary of James Burwell Turner, and "The Pink Quarry Connection."
Visitors will be introduced to the Pink Quarry, which has been purchased by the BLT and eventually will be attached to the main site located at 456 Quarry Road.
The Historic Quarry galleries are located in the Mullen House Education Center, 12 Brooker Hill Road, in North Becket Village. Information: (413) 623-2100 or visit www.becketlandtrust.org.