The month of November is chugging along and so is the engine that churns out live entertainment and events in the Berkshires, from small venues to large. Here's just a sampling of happenings taking place over the weekend and into next week. Enjoy!
The Gypsy Joynt in Great Barrington wouldn't be itself if it wasn't bringing you live tunes along with its food and libations. This weekend's lineup includes indie artist Fred Gillen Jr. playing at 8 p.m. Friday and Gypsy house favorites, Jordan Weller & The Feathers, playing at 9 p.m. Saturday.
The Colonial Theatre on South Street in Pittsfield will at 7:30 p.m. host its annual screening of Warren Miller Entertainment's snow sports film. This year's film, "Chasing Shadows," features athletes JT Holmes, Seth Wescott, Caroline Gleich, Steven Nyman, and more as they pursue turns in Chamonix, Alaska's Chugach, Utah's Wasatch and the mightiest range of them all: the Himalayas. This 66th annual production is a must-see for winter sports enthusiasts. Tickets are $19 per person or a group rate of $16 per ticket is available for groups of 10 or more. Info: berkshiretheatregroup.org or 413-997-4444.
• IS183 Art School of the Berkshires invites you and your friends to, "Go ahead, get a little dirty on Friday nights" at its "Arts Nights Out" series, which takes place the second Friday of each month. This Friday, from 7-9 p.m., Lucie Castaldo will guide you through the art of Xerox printmaking, which uses a special lithography technique, to transfer black and white copies to poster, postcard, wood or other porous surfaces. Bring your own friends, snacks, beverages of any kind and have fun in the Citizens' Hall Studios in Stockbridge. Wear or bring clothes to change into that you don't mind getting dirty. Registration is required for this age 21 and up event, and can be done by calling 413-298-5252, ext. 100 or online at is183.org.
• The Down County Social Club beneath The Stagecoach Tavern, 864 South Undermountain Road (Route 41) in Sheffield will host at 8 p.m. Saturday, "Music is Medicine: An evening with Susanna Raven and friends." This group will fill the space with the sounds of rattles, shruti box, drums, Tibetan bowls, didgeridoo and shacapa. "The music created along with the burning of smudges and traditional sacred use of feathers, will create a space for the cleansing of more than your five senses," show promoters say. Tickets are $15 in advance at rblodge.com/raven2015 or $20 at the door.
• Regional rockers Sirsy will play The Tavern at The A in Pittsfield starting at 9:30 p.m. There's a $5 cover.
• Wes Buckley & The Chums, with Simon Brown will play at 8 p.m. at Mission Bar + Tapas in Pittsfield, no cover.
• DJ Yung will spin all the latest and greatest dance hits starting at 9:30 p.m. at Rascals Grille in Adams.
• Misty Blues will play The Rainbow Restaurant in Pittsfield starting at 7:30 p.m.
The music room at The Dream Away Lodge will feature a regional collective of artists, including Oakes & Smith, Justin Hillman, Zack Cross, and Justin Green. Music starts around 8 p.m., and tips are always welcome.