Spring is sweeping in and the sunshine is back on our side, so consider getting out and about this weekend. Looking for some ideas of things to do? Here's a sample listing of nightlife to serve as your muse:
There are two special events happening at Six Depot Roastery & Cafe in West Stockbridge, though not entirely at night. At 3 p.m. Saturday, enjoy live contemporary folk sounds by local group Long Journey, featuring Amrita Lash, Karl Mullen and Eileen Markland. The group will also perform Friday night at the Dream Away Lodge in Becket. No cover.
Then at 3 p.m. Sunday, Six Depot will continue to host WAM Theatre's "Fresh Take" play reading series, with Anna Ziegler's "Photograph 51." The script creates an intriguing portrait of British scientist Rosalind Franklin and her often-overlooked role in the discovery of DNA's double helix structure. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased at www.wamtheatre.com/photograph-51
• DJ BFG will spin from 7 to 10:30 p.m., as part of the "Live on North" live entertainment series at Hotel on North in Pittsfield. Dance on!
• EarthBlue, aka Peter Lindstrom, will play at 8 p.m. at the Down County Social Club at The Stagecoach Tavern, 864 South Undermountain Road, Route 41, in Sheffield. He's described as, "A dose of Jimi Hendrix, a dollop Brian Eno and a heap of Mark Knopfler with a splash of Ernest Ranglin." There's a $10 cover at the door. Info: 413-229-8585.
• The "Our Hour of Power" comedy open mic returns from 7 to 9 p.m. to Dottie's Coffee Lounge in Pittsfield. The event is open to the public, with a $5 cover. It's also BYOB, but be prepared to show a proper ID. Host Thomas Atilla Lewis says there's a surprise guest in store, so stay tuned!
• The 1Berkshire BYP social for May will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Freight Yard Pub in North Adams, with live music, munchies, and a cash bar. Door prizes are also to be had.
• The Whitney Center for the Arts at 7 p.m. will host a WordXWord Festival Story Slam with Stan Spencer, at 42 Wendell Ave., in Pittsfield. This event is free and open to all.
• DJ Lunchbox will play Top 40 and requests starting at 8 p.m. at Casey's in Pittsfield. There's a $5 cover, and includes unlimited use of the pool tables.
• Sheer Chaos will play at 9:30 p.m., with Arthur Holmes and David Cornellier, at The Tavern at The A in Pittsfield. There's a $5 cover at the door.
• Johnny Segalla and accompanist Mike Schiffer will perform at 7 p.m., a "Broadway Cabaret" at Spectrum Playhouse, 20 Franklin St., in Lee. There's a $10 cover at the door.
• The Whitney Center for the Arts, 42 Wendell Ave., in Pittsfield, will present at 7:30 p.m., "An Evening of American Roots with Eli Caitlin," with special guest, Sally-Jane Heit. Tickets are $15 general admission, and can be reserved via email@example.com or 413-443-0289.
• BerkshireFlirt welcomes all singles to its second annual Game Night at The Kemble Inn in Lenox. Enjoy light snacks and a cash bar as you mingle and match skills and wits over a game of Clue, Cards Against Humanity, Taboo and more. Feel free to bring your own too. Icebreakers start at 7 p.m., and the games begin at 8. Space is limited, with 30 tickets for men and 30 tickets for women, at $10 each, available at secondannualgamenight.eventbrite.com.