It seems like we were just saying, "Happy summer, dear readers," and now we say, "Happy September" to you!
There is now less than three weeks to cram in all your seasonal aspirations before the fall calendar officially begins.
For your Labor Day Weekend inspiration, here are just some of the fun events planned for this weekend and beyond:
• At Hotel on North in Pittsfield: "Craft on North," will be held in the lounge from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, Sept. 6-27, led by local artists Nathan Hanford. September's theme will be "Not Your Grandmother's Embroidery," and participants are responsible for purchasing their own materials.
"Run to North" will be held from 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays, Sept. 7-28. Meet at the hotel at 5:30, join Berkshire Running Center for a 2-mile run, and return to Eat on North for food and drink specials.
Learn more about these events by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
• At Rainbow Restaurant in Pittsfield: There is a lot going on here. Every Saturday morning, there's a special screening of Premier League soccer matches, starting at 10 a.m., with a $10 buffet available, as well as soccer trivia with raffles and prizes.
This Friday, the Blue Light Trio plays jazz favorites and originals, and Todd McLeod plays acoustic covers and more on Saturday. There is no cover for these shows, which both start at 7:30 p.m.
Music Trivia Night takes place at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, with two rounds of trivia and winners earning a gift certificate.
Jazz fusion outfit Gruppo Mondo and special guest perform at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
Info: 413-443-0002 or dinerainbow.com.
• Berkshire Organization for Original Music, aka BOOM, presents its opening weekend at the new "Boom Room," in Pittsfield's Crawford Square, 137 North St., across from Regions Wine Bar.
Another lineup will perform Friday, as part of the free First Friday Artswalk event: Sandy McKnight plays acoustic pop at 5; Good Good goes on with an alt-rock set at 6; Alan Monasch plays the blues at 7; and The Matchstick Architects wraps things up with original rock at 8.
Learn more about the Boom Room and local bands at http://boom413.com.
• Naumkeag at Night is in its final stretch in Stockbridge. Old-time Appalachian balladeers Moonshine Holler will perform from 5 to 8 p.m., against the backdrop of Naumkeag's gardens. General admission is $10; $5 for members of the Trustees of Reservations. Info: 413-298-3239, ext. 3008 or email@example.com
• The Chalet at Mass MoCA in North Adams will be open from 6 to 11 p.m., featuring Northampton's Gráinne Buchanan at 7. No cover, but bring cash only for the bar.
• Local deejay D.R. is throwing an anniversary party in honor of the second year of his hip-hop and R&B radio show, "Ride Ya Groove," on WBRK 101.7 FM. The bash will be held at Skyline Country Club in Lanesborough. Doors open at 8, with 80 Proof Entertainment DJ B. Cover is $5 before 11 p.m., and $10 after 11.
• Alan Franco returns with his Latin Night at 9 p.m., at the Tavern at The A, at the G.E.A.A. in Pittsfield. DJ MIXX and Jhoel will be spinning dance music for salsa, bachata, merengue, cha-cha, kizomba, and more, from 10 p.m. til 1 a.m., with a bachata lesson starting at 9. There's a $10 cash general admission cover, or it's $8 with a valid school ID. Info: 413-347-2801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The free Levitt AMP North Adams Music Series continues at 2 p.m. at Colegrove Park featuring bohemian folk-rock-punk outfit, Bella's Bartok. Bring your own picnics, blankets and lawn chairs. Local food and beverage vendors also will be available at the concerts Info: levittampnorthadams.com.